[Bordermarch] farenheit 9/11

kandace harris thetexladi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 5 13:33:32 PDT 2004

Well said Buddy,Well said...Our young people have a good grasp on things these days...I think alot more than we did at that age ....It has been a good debate ...even though I didn't mean to start one .....I have not seen the movie ...and... The only person I know is my friend that NEVER thinks in "poltics"....I'm not sure that other have seen it either ...I wasn't going to pay $$$ for "Moore's-Mouth" because I don't always agree with Him.(but I do defined his right to say it)....but I think I will now...that way I'll know more than what I do now....and try to take half of what he says and put it to todays standards....but maybe we should all go see it ....I know I been on the opposite side of this debate....but I've always felt like something wasn't right about the way we went into this war....but "I said nothing" >>GO Figure'....It was after all my opinion......End of that..... However....Tonight as you go to bed and you think about something that was said in this talk today with
 Friends .....Please remember that Person that has "put on that uniform,..picked that gun ...and stood his Watch "so we can sleep in Peace one more night"...As tears flow for this special week -end...Let Freedom Ring....with all My Love to you all...Kandace...

Troy Allen <troy_allen1 at hotmail.com> wrote: -From Below-
I have talked to many people who say their kids in Iraq tell them not to
vote for Bush.They say they cannot say why now but well tell them when they
get home ...

You forget, I have several friends over there too. One sent home the story
that we're doing the right thing. It seems as though a small girl came up to
him and asked if she could practice her English on him. When he said yes,
she began reciting the Lord's Prayer.
Still others say that Americans are seen as the heroes in most parts of the
country and we have overwhelming support. The insurgents that we're having
to fight now are the radical extremists who don't want peace, don't want
prosperity and above all don't want happiness. All we can do fort these are
to pray for them that they'll some day make peace with Ala or whoever they
pray to and that they won't be abler to do much damage while they still hold
these views. -end quote

now charles,
while i do agree with you on most of your views of the subject i have
to point this out. the problem isn't that these people don't want peace,
prosperity, and happiness, the problem is that they don't realize that we
want these things for them and are trying to help them achieve it. they see
things the way they have been taught to see them because in the time since
their last misadventure with america an entire generation of children has
come of age to bear arms. they are only going in the direction that their
fathers, mothers, and saddam have pointed them. they do value peace and
happiness, the problem comes in that they do not know any other way to
attempt to achieve it. they also believe that the are achieving peace, peace
with allah who teaches them that peace is divine and they should do whatever
they must to reach it. it is a neverending circle we are encountering in
iraq with these "freedom fighters". as long as they are shooting at us, we
must shoot back to defend ourselves. therefore, they will never see that we
are actually trying to help. they only see that americans are shooting at
them. they are, as far as i am concerned, naive and to be pittied. i, and i
am sure you do too, want things to be wonderful for them. however, if they
have to do things the hard way then let them. we could nuke the entire
desert untill it turns to glass if we wanted, then there would be no more
problem in iraq. i hope only that i will someday show the dedication and
fervor in my tasks that they show in their struggle.

=== message truncated ===

Kandyce of Oakcliff