[Bordermarch] Round Table

benliz benliz at ev1.net
Mon Jul 19 14:05:43 PDT 2004

To the Bordermarch list, FYI:
Round Table was very informative again.
I encourage any who can go to a RT to do so.
Once per reign. Usually the week after coronation. Very educational.

Isabella, is everything O.K. with Dana?  I hope you were
not having to stay home due to anything happening with his health.
There did not seem to be anyone present to handle the MoC announcements or
course instruction or handouts.
Also, I have a reem of paper to donate to for you to print the new
Parchment Pages.

One empahsis at RT is for membership to increase by holding more adult
demos.
Especially festivals and faires.
In Bordermarch, Lake Ivanhoe's Faire is scheduled again for this fall.
Blackmoore Keep across the Sabine R. has asked for Bordermarch help in
September.

There are many officer turn-overs on locals and regions and kingdom
levels right now. Everyone was encouraged to move smoothly through the
transitions and to maintain effective communications and reporting
system.  Also, it was mentionted several times in several ways that when
a replacement is needed, it is *so good* if that officer can have
his/her own suggested replacement trained and ready to apply.

I was asked by the Kingdom Historian if there is an archives locally of
"one each" of every issue of Trumpeter newsletter from the past, on file.
(There are holes in the stack of Trumpeters I have kept at our house
over the years, but there is no reason those issues cannot go into an
archives stash.  If someone of you, especially an sca veteran,  is about
to clean out previous Trumpeters, please consider allowing me to look
through them first. I 'll be happy to come over to your place and
relieve you of what you were about to toss out. Or you could bring/send
them to any fighter practice at the gym on Thursday nites or any Monday
nite at guilds at our house.

Tonite, interested cooks are working on pie top crusts depicting
baronial arms.

Peace and Joy be yours,
Tessa