[Bordermarch] Questions posted July 18 by Mistress Lorainne DeerSlayer for demographics

Karen Picou kladd at houston.rr.com
Thu Jul 29 21:03:33 PDT 2004

Q)1. What attracted you to the SCA?
(A)actually it was Dolfin that got me interested by showing me kids could
work and have fun at the same time
(Q)2. What is your perspective of what the SCA is to you?
(A) Family... It has given me a larger family

(Q)3. Where do you invest the most time and energy in the SCA (household,
local group, kingdom, specific activity)?
(A) Household and local

(Q)4. How long before you started to take initiative in the SCA (applying
for an office, organizing an activity, etc.?)
(A)  20 years after I started

(Q)5. Were there instances that could have "run you out of the SCA"..why did
they not...or why did you come back?
(A) Yes there were but I chose to leave for a time period and it would be
answered more privately..
(Q)6. How long before you burned out? Why did you burn out? Is there
anything
anyone could have done to help keep you from "burning out"?
(A)  Time and money... not really normal life grabs a hold from time to time

(Q)7. What do you get out of the SCA?
(A)  enjoyment and the fact that my daughter is learning about what life
would have been like

(Q)8. If you have your AoA...how long did you get it after starting to
participate in the SCA?
(A)  almost 20 years to the date I started

(Q) and last but not least...why do you think that people should join the
SCA
and stay in it?
(A)  Because it is a way for a family to do something together and learn
about it at the same time. Not only do the children learn something new so
do the adults