[Bordermarch] Taming of the Shrew - Auditions this Sunday

Samuel E Orton iainmacc at juno.com
Mon Jun 28 21:11:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:10:37 -0700 (PDT) Cindi Picou
<cdpicou at sbcglobal.net> writes:
hopefully you'll be able to attend the performance?????????

        At this point, I never know one day to the next. I'm working both
for a sound company and a lighting/staging company. Since it's festival
season, the sound company's busy time, things are more certain than usual
right now. Therefore I'm *already* pretty sure I'll be working this
weekend, and it's only Monday. But I won't be absolutely certain until
Wednesday. For the lighting company, I won't have any clues at all until
Wednesday afternoon.
        No, I am not exaggerating, not even slightly. Last month I made
nearly $2500, most of it in a week and a half, and some months I make
nothing at all. It's *that* unsteady. However, I'm working my way up
people's "I want this guy on my crew" lists, and the higher up I get the
more $250 - $300 days come my way.
        At this point, the bottom line is that I won't know until a week
before the event whether or not there is work that weekend, and I'm
unlikely to know before mid-October whether I can afford to miss a
working weekend if I have the opportunity.

        Sorry. I wish I could give you a better answer, but that's the
only one I have. Ask me in November.

      Iain

     "1500 years ago everyone *knew* the Earth was flat. 500 years ago
everyone *knew* the sun revolved around the Earth. And 15 minutes ago,
you *knew* that humans were alone on this planet."
     "Just imagine what you'll *know* tomorrow."
                                                             - K, "Men in
Black"