[Bordermarch] Autumn Melees

Lathrop, Dave Dave.Lathrop at premcor.com
Wed Nov 24 07:50:16 PST 2004

Thank you, and I would not mind at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: bordermarch-bounces+dave.lathrop=premcor.com at ansteorra.org [mailto:bordermarch-bounces+dave.lathrop=premcor.com at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Cindi Picou
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:48 AM
To: Barony of Bordermarch
Subject: Re: [Bordermarch] Autumn Melees

Well said, my dear Santiago!! If I can stop laughing, I would add a 'correction' to your final comment - it is the child herself one should fear!! If I am not mistaken, she is plotting her revenge as we speak.........

Thank you for your wonderful account of Melees. It is so nice to hear an event described by someone who views it with fresh eyes. I believe that Pandora would really appreciate publishing this account in the Parchment Pages this month; would you mind terribly allowing her to do so?

Selina
who is still gigling........

From:	 "Lathrop, Dave" <Dave.Lathrop at premcor.com>    <http://address.mail.yahoo.com/yab?.rand=94688&v=SA&A=t&em=dave.lathrop@premcor.com&.done=http%3a%2f%2fus.f540.mail.yahoo.com%2fym%2fShowLetter%3fMsgId%3d3745%5f12713178%5f14767%5f1863%5f1864%5f0%5f1866%5f3634%5f3208283215%26Idx%3d2%26YY%3d86990%26inc%3d25%26order%3ddown%26sort%3ddate%26pos%3d0%26view%3da%26head%3db%26box%3dInbox> View Contact Details View Contact Details
To:	 dblathrop at yahoo.com

Newbie observations at Autumn Melees,

 As I was banished from interacting directly with the customers

entering "Thy Hammered Biscuit" my Lady Elisabeth of Green Mountain Keep, sole

proprietor of above said tavern, did not mind that I raised my head

whilst I washed her tableware in the rain. To take in the sights and

sounds of the Autumn Melees was her gift to me for services rendered. To my
great surprise everyone was having a wonderful time except when their

tents collapsed around their heads in the middle of the night. I made

many new friends who treated me like royalty despite my lowly station as

my Lady Elisabeth's man boy. People from far away were making the same

comments about what a wonderful event this was and how much they

enjoyed the atmosphere that had been created. I was allowed to open the royal

Sterno cans during Saturday's Royal lunch, a memory I will cherish

forever. I heard battle cry's from the castle and a sound not unlike a

stampede of wild horses as the fighters crashed into each other. Thunder

issued forth from the battlefield and the solitary fighters blurred into

a mass of color and flailing appendages. I witnessed our Baron die,

several times, although I am certain there was treachery involved. Our

Autocrat Lord Caleb MacLaughlin took a cheap shot to the shin and was seen staggering around the

campsites late at night moaning like a lost soul. Count Sir Simonn stalked
the field like the grim reaper about to give the touch of death to any

within his reach. I saw Sir Sion Rhys of Badon surrounded and come out the victor. I

saw female fighters that just plain scared me. The archers stood their

ground serving long-range death while heavy fighters died protecting

them from the onslaught of the enemy. Fighters staggered off the field

torn and beaten down only to breath a few short well-earned breaths, grab
their helms and return to the madness. While all this was going on the

field marshals were dodging death trying to keep some semblance of

order to the battles. Aaron Mudwolf  (aka Whitewolf) of Greywood almost

conned me into helping his Viking hoard kidnap our Baron's daughter. I no
longer know Mudwolf for fear of retribution and I feel his Viking hoard

will soon disappear.

 I feel the merchants and tavern people put up with the bad weather

with exceptionally optimistic attitudes and look forward to seeing them

again. I caught the bardic performances during court and was awed at the

talent that people have. The Wolf Star people with their drummers and

dancers set a mood in the evening that made you forget the mundane world

we all had to return to but alas it was time to pack it up and go.

 My Lady and I would like to thank everyone for allowing us to be a

small part of this event and look forward to seeing old friends and

meeting some new amazing people that only the SCA could produce, until then
Vivat!

P.S.  Mudwolf, do not fear the father of the child you took for he is a

fighter and a logical man, fear the mother for she has lost her child!!

Selina Designs
http://www.geocities.com/cdpicou@sbcglobal.net/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world
Albert Einstein

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com