[Bordermarch] Winter Wonderland Parade info

Cindi Picou cdpicou at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 30 14:20:11 PST 2004

Reminder to everyone,

We voted at the November populace to participate in the Winter Wonderland Parade in downtown Beaumont this Saturday, December 4th. Roland (David Lee Hidalgo) volunteered his truck & flatbed trailer for us to ride on; AmberLea has loaned us her holiday music folders for the song lyrics; NOW - all we need are PARTICIPANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who wishes to participate needs to be at populace Thursday night so we can go over our songs & our notes. This is an evening parade through the streets of downtown Beaumont (approx 1 mile.) It starts @ 6:15 and we need to be inline to set-up @ 4:00 pm. The parade goes past the Beaumont Enterprise & the Civic Center/City Hall, then turns down College st & back up Orleans to Westminster Presbyterian Church (2 blocks from our site for fighter practice.) There is a reception at FBC (the church that allows us to use the gym for fighter practice) following the parade. We are allowed "throws" of candy but not fliers (they didn't say anything about us walking alongside & passing out fliers, though <evil grin>) Children are allowed on the float, but adults must walk beside the float if children are on it.

This will be a lot of fun, and a great way to promote our group! Please plan to join us!!!

Selina

Selina Designs
http://www.geocities.com/cdpicou@sbcglobal.net/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world
Albert Einstein