[Bordermarch] FW: Request for Payment from Baron Master Lucais - Flossie?

Sue Jurgens sjurgens at swbell.net
Thu Aug 25 07:21:04 PDT 2005

Baron Lucais,
If there are no appropriate fair maidens of good breeding in your domains, please give consideration to one fair "Flossie" who might be had for a reasonable bride price from the folk of Bjornsborg.
Rumor has it that she is comely and a good breeder. As far as being a maiden - I would not presume to participate in such an indelicate discussion.

Elisena de Bayonne, OP
Lady and Wife to Sir Godwin of Edington
Dowager Baroness of Stargate

cameron at anderson-studio.com wrote:

Blessings and a warm summer Greetings unto Baron Mast Lucais du Belier from the grounds keeper at Border Keep,

As Autumn Melees approaches, so does payment for my services.  www.bordermarch.org/Melees/index.html

Baron of Bordermarch, Armand de Lacy, has informed me that currently you will be making payment for the castle grounds maintenances at Border Keep.

The other work crews have been busy with expansions and renovations. The aqueduct bring running water to the castle is complete. The new wall is also now complete. The well and new gate door on the Sally Port should be finished soon.  You will be impressed with their work and should soon see a bill for their services, as well.

As for my duties: Fields are cleaned clear of debris, weeds are pulled, lawns are cut, old tree stumps removed, and the both gardens are flourishing in full bloom.

As the grounds of Border Keep grow, so does the amount of work to keep up those grounds.  In an effort to meet these increasing demands of labor to provide an estate fitting your noble ranking, I submit this humble request: beside the customary 1 cow, 5 chickens and 2 ducks, that Baron Armand has paid in the past, I, the Grounds Keep, am in  need of one fair maiden of good breeding (one with sewing and mending skills would be a nice).

submit,

Your humble servant at Border Keep,

The Grounds Keeper

Also, as you had asked me to keep an eye on things while you were away, and wanted me to report any concerns:  I hear tell, the draperies you requested are on the way, but to complete your bedroom chamber, where those draperies will go, they are badly in need of many more bricks.