[Bordermarch] Re: [ravensmarch] taverns and feast gear...

lburgin lburgin at gt.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 04:11:47 PST 2005

My dear freinds, I would like to comment on the use of feast gear.  Altough I agree that taverns are a great new trend in the SCA, I for one really miss the fellowship and grandeur of feast.  Even if the host(s) is not providing faire, I think we should all gather at a central place and time with our feast gear and candles and table cloths and share the meal together.  In the structure of the SCA as a whole, we are encouraged to create an atmosphere of the middlea ges and renaissance. This does not include paper plates.  I know that it is more convenient to use them, that's why the mundane world has them, which means they have no place at a feast. What has followed is the loss of a shared common meal and I think that is a great loss indeed.  Thanks for letting me spout.  H L AmberLea