[Bordermarch] Our officers

HE Armand De Lacy baron at bordermarch.org
Sun Jul 17 00:15:59 PDT 2005

Kings Round-table was this weekend. This is a mundane/casual style gathering. A day dedicated to officers and matters of state. A nuts and bolts, about the make-up of the behind the scenes... so to speak. A great way to understand SCA laws and how to go about being an officer within your group. Those that serve in this area are vital to our existance. It is not a hard job, can be demanding and exhausting. The support of your group and those as your family make it easier. Officer meetings are usually 'group-therapy' sessions. Usually they serve for 2yrs in their job, deputies make for an easier ride. At populace meetings, we see the Seneschal speak about new and old business. Lady Selina does so much more, she gets with our other officers and the Baron/Baroness to discuss plans/hopes/ideas/ and more importantly, growth. Phone calls and conversations are sometimes daily tasks. She also keeps an eye on reports from other officers within our group. Officers report monthly to show that
 our fields are prospering. Our Treasurer does more than pay bills, Ld. Sterling makes sure that our finances are in order.. our funds are spent wisely. Have you seen our newsletters? Ld. Phocas is the one behind these. In the past we have had many, do the job of sending word unto the lands from Bordermarch. Ld. Dylan, Ldy Isabella, Ldy Ophelia and Ld Cullen, and Pandora are but a few of those that put to print words, of this Barony. Rapier and Knight marshals look after our fighters/protectors within these lands. A Minister of Children teaches and shows the life of the SCA to our young members. They help in those 'first memories' of a future King or Queen. Our Hospitaler may well give a future Knight of Ansteorra, garb for the day and a mug to drink out of. Arts and Science is an office dedicated to coloring our landscapes. Historians give us a look into the past, with chronicled times of yesterday. A Herald will introduce you to arms and devices. A King looks upon a battlefield and
 wonders who a particular person is. The device on their shield or on their banner speaks their name. Archery is one particular office we need to fill. They will be in charge of archery practise and supplies. This barony can purchase some of those and we will have a place to shoot soon. This is also a warranted position... basically, one with much experience will get with you, and teach you how to do this safely and effectively, with fun.

If you would like to learn more of what they do, for Bordermarch, ask one of them. They are: Seneschal- Ldy Selina, Treasurer/Rapier-Ld Sterling, Chronicler/Arts and Sceince-Ld Phocas, Minister of Children-Ldy Gabrielle, Scribe-Ldy Kaithleen, Historian-HE Countess Tessa, Herald-Ld Malcolm, Knight Marshal-HE Count Sir Simonn, and Hospitaler-Ld Vaclav Slova Czek

Those that have ever served a local office, or on the 'Kingdom-level' have our deepest appreciation and most sincere thanks. None of us can thank those enough, a responsibility and service they give graciously to. A juggle of real life and a hobby loved, is a tough one. Supporting them is a service we all do togather.

Love to you all...Armand