[Bordermarch] Where are you?

Bill C Burgin ericus at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 23 06:38:54 PDT 2005

Greetings Bordermarch,

About 3 weeks ago I issued a challenge to every adult member of this Barony.
The purpose was to get COMMITMENTS.  Like any fund raiser, I am looking for
those "pledges."  We have named a reasonable goal, and have asked only those
people with a vested interest to participate.  After 3 weeks, this is how
our pledge drive looks:
1) Simonn, Tessa, and John the Sterling have all contributed large single
donations as start up capital to Dream Builders;
2) Ldy Helene & I made a commitment and issued the challenge;
3) M'lady Evelyn - inactive for about 2 years - saw the challenge and was
the first to respond to it.  She showed up at this last fighter practice for
the express purpose of bringing her first contribution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) Ld Santiago & Ldy Elizabeth posted to this list and said "we're in" -
that is EXACTLY the kind of comment I was looking for!  "We're In"

That's it... a short list for three weeks.
Ok, I'm being a little "hard sell" right now, but:
The goal of $6,000 is a VERY reasonable amount for 50 people to raise in a
year (it's almost too easy);
No one is being asked to contribute all of it by themselves - only to give a
small amount ON A REGULAR BASIS so that, by the end of one year, we have
achieved our goal;
I know each of you are committed to this Barony - this is not a question of
how much you have given in the past, or will continue to give - of
yourselves - in the future.  This is a separate "sign up sheet," with only
one job on it (unless someone wants this one), for a year long event.  I am
asking each Bordermarcher to add his or her name to the list.  To make that
commitment.  To stand up before the populace and say "I'm in!"

As the year progresses, perhaps Tessa will be kind enough to give us updated
totals of "deposits so far."  I think that as we see the numbers, and the
goal becomes more and more reachable, we will begin to get hungry for it -
we will want to reach it sooner, and surpass it in the end.  If we do that,
everybody wins!

So, there it is.  For just "pennies a day" you could to help make our dreams
come true in a timely fashion; with consistency, and an ability to actually
plan our future - rather than have to stumble along in "fits and starts."
Won't you add your name to the list of people who have made that commitment?

I know you've made it in your heart, I just need you to say it "out loud."

In service to Bordermarch, Ansteorra,
& The Dream,
Ericus the Silverhand