[Bordermarch] Site notes as of Sun, Nov 13.

benliz benliz at ev1.net
Sun Nov 13 20:25:44 PST 2005

    Simonn and I were on site at the BorderKeep this afternoon on our way home from Rosenfeld, a wonderful event at Three Kings. Caitrin with Kristen, also Aaron and Kemela were there.  We put out a bit of ant killer, raked, and watered.

    Many of the Jones Country site picnic tables have been rendered useless and do not appear to be getting reconstructed.  It would be considerably helpful and convenient for attendees to bring their own folding tables and camp chairs if possible.

    Several larger FEMA trucks and work crews are still housed at Jones Country, in the middle of where merchant's row would go for Melees. FEMA is expected to be there a while.

    The front RR building has a new roof and new metal doors; however, the plumbing is not all repaired yet, at least on the Ladies' side.

    The arbor, basically, is not standing.  Piles of modern machinery are on the shoulder of the central road next to where the arbor ' was.'
Every one of Mike's site trailers and additional ones brought in are currently occupied.

    If the camping populace will please remain flexible about some standard or favorite locations at site, the event can be built in a way by which we can disguise the unexpected modern heavy equipment from our view.
Many of the elec boxes immediately to your left at gate, before the front RR, *Do* have juice.
If we cluster that which is meaningful to us *closer* to the front gate, before the first RR building
...then hike though truck-dom (which takes up space between the two RR's)...
we can regain the period ambience past the second RR building on the way down to the BorderKeep.

    There may yet be other FEMA changes on site before Nov 17. Their Excellencies and Steward will be making the final event decisions for placement.

With transitional agreement, 'placement' at site will be only a minor bump in the road.  Oh bumpy road, we fear thee not.  Onward!

Tessa