[Bordermarch] BorderKeep Site help

tessa tessag at ev1.net
Sun Oct 23 17:52:33 PDT 2005

    This past weekend was a productive one for clearing part of site after
Hurricane Rita, whether folks could be present one day or two, due to many
hands being on site to chainsaw some of the downed trees near the castle,
clear the debris and haul it to Mike's edge of the woods, gird up the
ancient oak at the bridge (It's "V" is split to the ground, but roots are
undisturbed, and we are trying to save it), rake, clear and refurbish some
of the garden spots, and inspect the new iron sally port doors.

    Those present included first timers to the castle, the delightful Daniel
and his lady formerly of Meridies and now from ElfSea who were Wow-ed by the
castle; our nobles Armand and Caitrin with Kristen; Eric Greyfox; Adolf and
Stephanie camped to stay all weekend (It is Adolf who built the sally gate
frames); Aaron and Kemela; Phocas, Lyllianne, Christopher, Deb and another
lady from Dam B who came out for their first time; Malcomb who brought his
barrell grill to make supper; Todd, Melissa, Ericus who climbed the giant
tree and, hearing the creaks, decided to dismount; Amy of Kirbyville; and
Simonn and Tessa bringing Sterling's trailer to haul the debris.   Hope I
have not left out someone's name... we needed to depart early to attend a
funeral...  Any omission of name is purely unintentional; please accept my
apology in advance and tell me of this shortcoming.

    Much debris remains to be cleared. Another work weekend shall take place
next weekend, Oct 29-30.  If you can attend for a few hours or all day or a
couple of days, every hand is appreciated.

    It is this same type of determination and working together back at home
that is diggin out, cutting in, getting things packed for storage, or
refurbishing our home places after the storm.  A day at site was a welcomed
deviation from the toils of propetries and goods at our houses. While no one
lives *at* the BorderKeep, it is in many of our hearts, to a degree, "home."
We want to make it possible for many to play there.
    The people of Bordermarch once again step up in a pinch to make life
better for others.

Godspeed,
Tessa