[Bordermarch] Academy Of the Bow

Lord Phocas phocas at bordermarch.org
Mon Aug 7 07:40:34 PDT 2006

Greetings!
  AOB was a Great event!  Many thanks to River's Run and HL Thomas.

I was able to get in on Arthur Blackmoon's Archery Marshal class and got
time marshalling on the Archery range. I requested a few of the Marshal
present to email our Regional Marshal with a report on how I did, so that I
may get my Authorization so the Bordermarch may start having official
Archery practices.

  Lyllianne The Poetess competed is River's Run' Bardic competition and
WON!!! This would have been for their Champion Bard, except that incipient
Canton of River's Run is folding back into the Baron of Wiesenfeuer. So this
year they just had competitions instead of Championships.

  As the premier Bard of the Archers, Lyllianne then ran the competition for
the next Bard of the Archery.  Out of nearly 10 competing, they had a second
round - Bard off of the top two.  Robin of Nottingham (Combat Archer &
Bowyer from Seawinds) won the title, becoming the second "Bard of the
Archers"  Vivat!   Most of us of Bordermarch should know Robin as he is
always in attendance of Autumn Melees.  He introduced his first piece in
competition as something he wrote on his way home from Autumn Melees!

  I also borrow a photo album of Border Keep from Countess Tessa, that I
carried with me through out the day talking up Melees and the castle
expansions.  The archers were impressed with the new wall and excited about
Autumn Melees.

In Service to my Kingdom Ansteorra, Barony Bordermarch, and the Dream.

Lord Phocas of Bordermarch

         Live, Love and Illuminate the Dream!