[Bordermarch] A visit with Armuin

Bill C Burgin ericus at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 3 17:19:19 PDT 2006

Greetings, all...

I hope this finds everyone well and recovering from the weekend of fun and
work!  I am sorry I missed it. Even after all these years, I hate missing
even a single "home game."
The point of this is to let all who might be interested know how Ldy. Armuin
is doing.  I found myself in Orange today, and called to see if she felt
like having a visitor.  She did, and I got to see her for better than an
hour before mundane obligations pulled me away.  She is painfully thin, but
her health care provider tells me she has gained about 1.5 lbs.  She does
not look like a person gaining weight, but she certainly avoided the subject
well! :)
Her vision continues to deteriorate at a noticeable rate, and her lower
right leg looks like Popeye's forearm (really!).  There are other issues
about which she was not prepared to talk, nor was I willing to ask, but in
short: she's a wreck, physically.
Mentally, she got very frustrated any time the word she was looking for did
not immediately spring to mind - which happened less for her than it did for
me, which I don't think she noticed!  She is still very sharp, articulate,
and as gracious as any southern Lady can be.  She is also about as tough a
bird as you would want to meet.  She seems in good spirits but a little
lonely, and is fighting a good fight.
Personally, I hope she wins.

That's all for now,
EricS