[Bordermarch] Gate Classes

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 19:57:47 PDT 2006

  Unto Fair and Noble Bordermarch
  Lord Santiago and Lady Elisabeth
  Do Send Greetings.

  Gate Classes,

    The evening weather was a bit sketchy but we had a good turn out for Gate class at Rogers Park. Selina of the Wood provided to those in attendance a most excellent presentation concerning the subtleties of sitting a Gate shift and reinforced the fact that while at Gate your Bordermarch family is only moments away if you need help of any kind.
     New ideas were discussed that will help to seamlessly facilitate the transition for our visitors from Gate to their campsites while at the same time providing the Gate sitters a relaxed and enjoyable experience welcoming the travelers to our Fair and Noble Barony.
    The following brave souls made the class and deserve our thanks for sharing their time and resources: HE AmberLea Fairchild, our famous Bard and Herald will be busy indeed at Melees yet volunteer she does for Gate duty and brings to the table her wit and humor, Angelica and Kendall our young couple with a child on the way as well as cooking pig for feast still offered every free moment as a service to others, Cammie and her dog, I think her dogs name is “Down” or perhaps “Down Girl”, will once again be holding a busy and exhausting merchants position at Melees and still finds time and energy to help out at Gate. She has graciously volunteered the services of her household if the need arises, Tessa and Simonn, two steady rocks in our Barony, will be pulled in many directions at Melees by nobility and the populace in general, they will be seen sitting Gate along with their many other duties, Daniel Newbie showed up and was drafted by the group last night, he volunteered
 to sit some late night shifts at Gate, no objections from any present could be heard, and of course Selina of the Wood who after teaching so many gate classes throughout the years still presented lessons filled with energy and enthusiasm.
      My Lady Elisabeth and I wish to thank in advance the many others that did not make the class or have already taken a Gate class and will be helping throughout this event

  In Service of the Dream
  Lord Santiago and Lady Elisabeth