[Bordermarch] Guardian of the Gauntlet

Charles Netterville ck_netterville at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 17:46:01 PDT 2007

I do hear that Don Tristan did co-autocrat a marvelous event. Rumer had it though that Lord Dirk is our 13th Guardian of the Gauntlet...  Thank you Ld. Santiago for that rousing recount of the day's affairs so that those of us unable to attend might feel a little closer to the action.
  En servante Christus et Corronae, Elrique

David Lathrop <dblathrop at yahoo.com> wrote:
  The crowd roared "Trinstin" as a black leather, multi colored outfit went leaping by.

Bill C Burgin wrote:
Thank you for the recount, Lord Santiago. There is one bit of information that I, and perhaps others, would be interested in knowing... who won?
Ericus

"Lathrop, Dave" wrote:
Guardian of the Gauntlet, 2007

.

My Lady Elisabeth and I journeyed to the Guardian of the Gauntlet,
hosted by Stargate and Lock Soilleir, located at Camp Camwood just
outside of Tomball. Our caravan to the

event included HE Don Armand and HE Caitrin de Lacy, M'lady Gabrielle de
Lacy, Lord Vincois Luis Picard, Count Sir Simonn and Mistress Tessa of
the Gardens, and M'Lady Susan,

who took time from her busy schedule at school to join us at the event.

We arrived and proceeded to promptly set up our pavilion, but the wind
was so strong we had to anchor it with 18" tent stakes to keep it from
becoming a kite.

Bordermarch's light fighters were well represented by He Don Armand,
Lord Vincois and M'lady Gabrielle. They fought with heart and courage
and yet, the coveted honor of becoming a

Guardian of the Gauntlet slipped through their grasp as the cold biting
wind tore through the spectators cowering under hooded cloaks. Our
rapier fighters were humble in their victories and

honorable in their deaths. Their display of skill and determination
against our Kingdom's very best rapier combatants can make all
Bordermarchers proud to count them as friends.

There was an abundance and sharing of food and drink as friends from as
far away as Bonwicke joined us in a thoroughly entertaining day. The
Guardian of the Gauntlet is now earmarked on

our calendar as a "must do event'.

.

Our rapier fighters train as hard as any athlete trains for an upcoming
competition. We find them practicing long hours into the dead of night
just to hone their skill. They willingly suffer the heat

and cold and reluctantly retire only during lighting storms. They
epitomize the dream with their honor, virtue and quest for excellence.
We can do no less than support them as ambassadors of

Barony Bordermarch and all it stands for.

Lord Santiago

Burma-shave