[Bordermarch] Guardian of the Gauntlet

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 19:23:07 PDT 2007

Could we say that everybody who attended Guardian of the Gauntlet event was
a winner because it was so much fun!
When Don Modius in running something, the atmosphere and occurrences are so
jovial that you laugh your sides off.
Everybody was having such a good time out there with the wind blowing into
our ears, and with  our eyes covered in hoods and tossled hair, it was easy
to understand how the outcome was a joyful question... with wounds retained,
arm slings and bandages holding combatants together.
The crowd was roaring  "Tristan, Tristan"  and  "Dirk, Dirk"
Yet others saw Don Brendan WIN!
There was a lot of merriment where one had to pay real close attention in a
list that "added" a list.
Seems congratulations are in order to Lord Dirk the Just, Don Robin's Cadet,
who won that last round of Guardian of the Gauntlet.
Congratulations are also in order to Don Tristan for being in the final
round.
There also was a Guardian "of the GUARDians"
where the former, old, rickety, falling-apart previous guardians fought each
other to determine a Guardian of the Guardians among themselves...  (saying
that because I am an older fossil than all of the ones who fought...)
*That* list is what witnesses saw Don Brendan win.
Everybody there had fun.