[Bordermarch] Gulf War Rose Day

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sat Feb 10 07:38:32 PST 2007

Greetings, Good Populace,
For those of you able to go to Gulf War 16 this year, if you have not registered on-line yet, you have only 4 days left to do so.

I am highly honored to be the steward for ROSE GATHERING AND RAPIER LIST, THURSDAY of Gulf War this year.
Traditionally, Ansteorran Roses (former Queens) invite Her Majesty Ansteorra and other Queens and Roses of the Known World to gather for socializing, at a Breakfast, to sponsor Rapier Fighters; to "run" that Rapier List, and to be the Gallery for that Rapier List, encouraging fighters.  The breakfast is served at 9:00 A.M. and some speeches are given. The List then runs from 10:00 - to - 1:00.

For part of the preparation for this, I am to decorate a large pavilion at a field which is used throughout the week for various other purposes or themes.
The pavilion and field are between the equestrian coral and the open battlefield, in view of the long wall of the wooden Gulf War castle.

Some of the details of Rose Gathering and Rapier List are delegated to people you know and love:
Mistress Saundra will be assisting me with paperwork for the Rapier List, which starts at 10:00.
HE Caitrin, Baroness of Bordermarch, will be preparing and presenting the breakfast at 9:00.
And some of our very own Rapier fighters are sponsored in the competition.

Caitrin will decorate her serving tables with white table cloths covered by some of the trims belonging to various Ladies of the Rose.  I will be responsible for everything else getting decorated. Roses will be providing the actual physical decorations.

Teams of workers are needed for hanging the decorations on the pavilion and field.
Starting at about 7:45 THURSDAY MORNING, I would appreciate the hands-on help that any of you could offer, for set-up, for about ONE HOUR that morning.   And/or, If possible, help for about 45 minutes to break down, pack up, and clean up, around 1:00.

YOUR HANDS-ON HELP with me early Thursday morning will be greatly appreciated.  We need to hang some wall drapings onto the pavilion sides; and cover the List Mistress tables;  we may also be adding a touch to an adjacent pavilion where fighters may sit for R & R.  There will also be (hopefully; ...I have requested one...) an additional shade pavilion for the Water Bearers for the Rapier Field.
We will need to decorate the field (field posts and ropes are already installed) with the Rose decorations; and set out the Rose topiaries that you have seen before at the BorderKeep;

all in time for Current Queens and Ladies of the Rose to gather at 9:00 for the Breakfast Caitrin is serving.  It is understandable that a few of you may be helping Caitrin with the hot foods.  Thank you.

If others are available to help me with hands-on decorating labor, *please do* and Thank you!  Please inform me if you will, so I may plan how many helpers to count on, or whether I need to enlist help directly at site otherwise. (Last year several of you helped and it went like clock-work!  Thanks, team!!)

All told, after the Rapier List is over, -aprox 1:00 P.M.-  we will need to remove all the Rose decorations from the pavilion or field; pack them, and leave the pavilion clean, ready for the next event at that spot.

Because so many activities happen at that spot, and because that pavilion is a far walk out of line of sight from the Ansteorran camps, I will not begin *any* decorating on Wednesday night nor leave the beautiful sceneries and trims at risk.
Many of these are personal properties of HG Duchess Willow, who has entrusted her paintings to me;
and of HG Duchess Larissa who has entrusted field decorations to HE Countess Octavia.  Others are properties of other Roses who send their decorations to consolidate for this event.
(Something is on the schedule at that pavilion for Wednesday night, I believe.  And, history has proven that our belongings can meet with harm or disaster if set out on Wednesday night; therefore,  we do not set out on Wednesday nights;  we set up early Thursday A.M.)

If you can be of assistance, please let me know.
Many thanks,
Peace to all,
Countess Tessa