[Bordermarch] Gathering for Coronation/Queen's Champion trip

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Wed Jan 24 21:28:54 PST 2007

Let's all remember to bring chairs so everybody can sit down...

Simonn and I will be leaving Beaumont possibly around 5 PM Friday, it looks
now.
Maybe later.  It could change.

You will be impressed when you arrive at Castleton on Don Shamino's
property.
All this is river-side to the Colorado, or what became Lake Austin.
Castleton Village has a mockup of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, actually
about 2/3 of the real size.
roof covered stage, and the balcony rows covered.

Castleton's castle is away, a stroll yonder through the little village of
cabins and huts which resemble something between an olde English town, to
Victorian, and an early Western section of the modern U.S.
Most of the houses in the village are not much larger than the beds inside
each one.

Aiming its air-cannons at the Castle (based on the Claiborne West blueprints
they asked us for) is the "docked" real size Pirate Ship, a modern
construction.

Back closer to where you drive in, there is a huge field space, most often
roped off for list pavilions, most often needing space reservations.
There is camping space for tents, but I do not know the layout of this
event.  Coronation might could be at the Castle, which does not have a roof
(I think).  I do no know where Coronation will take place.
There are showers and RR in the village.

Now, Don Shamino, owner, could have added a shelter or new covered section
just for this event.  I do not know.

Tessa