[Bordermarch] Get to Know Our Candidatess

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Wed Jan 31 19:44:23 PST 2007

Gentle Dear Valencia,
Speaking as Seneschal here,
To all recipients,

I'm afraid to say, looking in hindsight, after these plans are now
announced, it would be better for the populace following the Kingdom
Seneschal's guidelines to
"NOT" have a meeting that can be construed as "campaigning."  The announced
meeting needs to cancel.

The designed meeting announced here under the auspice of the barony does not
meet approval of the Seneschal office for the following reasons:

(1) The way it is interpreted, the responsibility rests upon each individual
among the populace to be acquainted with each candidate in order to form
personal opinions;
not for the responsibility to rest upon the candidates to provide a setting
for questions and answers.

(2) If the barony in general were to call for this type of meeting where the
tone could be possibly become misconstrued as campaigning, that "could be"
taken by Kingdom as the barony not following the guidelines.  Surely no one
here wishes to present the images that the overall group is attempting to
side-step the guidelines.

(3) All candidates' means of contact are published; therefore, I would trust
that their phones would be ringing or emails would be coming to in-boxes
where interested participants desire to communicate with the hopefuls about
experiences, goals, etc.

(4) Thank you, Valencia, also for communicating that the TAMS now charges
$400 per 4 hours for gatherings.  Such an expense would not be approved by
the financial committee of the barony at this time.

If any wish to visit more personally at events, guilds, or practices, or if
any wish to make personal contact individually with any/all of the baronial
candidates, Trumpeter lists contact information.  Website lists contact
information.

None the less, Valencia, thank you for your wonderful heart and giving
spirit. One reason everyone loves you so much is that you desire to please.

Sincerely,
Peace to All,
Tessa