[Bordermarch] A Feast To Behold!

CatalinaDQuevedo at aol.com CatalinaDQuevedo at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 13:40:15 PDT 2007

Theresa,

Yesterday Christina and I had the pleasure of having dinner at Mistress
Countess Tessa and Sir Simmonn's home.  Mistress Tessa was gracious enough  to
offer me some cuban oregano, fresh dill, purple basil, rosemary and some  other
herbs to help start an herb garden for my new porch.   When we  arrived she'd
prepared a lovely period feast for the eyes and palet!  We  dined on roasted
chicken basted with fresh rosemary and other herbs from her  garden. Meatpies
filled with minced cabbage, mushrooms simmered in honey meade  and ground
sirloin.  Wonderful turnips cooked with only the slightest bit  of butter.  Peas
parridge(just like the nursery rhyme) and for dessert pear  halves covered with a
raspberry puree.  It was an absolutely delicious  meal.   I just my
descriptive skills were not so inadequate!  I  know you are always looking for things
that people are doing, I thought you like  to know about this.  I took pictures
if you'd like to see them.

Hope every one is having a wonderful summer,
Catalina