[Bordermarch] June A&S Report

kwc3f at netscape.com kwc3f at netscape.com
Fri Jun 22 15:51:47 PDT 2007

Lady Therese d'Ivoire:
     I have been knitting away as usual, getting a start on next Christmas. No, I am NOT one of those folks who have it all together by August. I am just trying to think ahead this year...
     Working on a long thin accent scarf for my mother in a beautiful winter white/natural 100% silk yarn from the Upstairs Studio in LaPorte. Lovely store.
     Trying to finish the last sleeve on a shrug I planned for myself made of Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn in a nice denim-complementing blue. Just about 9" to go on that.
     Learning how to knit socks on two circular needles from the toe up. Neat and easier to work with than all those little double pointed needles.
     Wanting to get back into spinning again. I just got a beautiful set of drop spindles from Silver Goose on eBay. They are top-whorl and are three interchangeable whorls for a brass shaft, made out of dyed agate donuts. Pretty
AND functional. I need to practice making thicker yarn, I like to spin fine...
     Always playing with string and sticks!
 Lady Meresankh Wimhotep

Footprints . . . The Sequel

Then I said, "But Lord, what are these
two lines in the sand next to Your
footprints?" And He answered,
 "My child, those were the times I had to
drag you kicking and screaming until
you decided to get a clue and snap out of it."