[Bordermarch] Recap - GW 16

Richard & Debra Parrish ric-deb.parrish at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 18:48:15 PDT 2007

Please forgive me...

  I was rereading my message and realized I left someone out.

  How could I forget encluding Lady Lessa and all her hard work, helping with the breakfast.
  Thanks to her and again to all who helped me.

  Caitrin

HE Caitrin de Lacy <baroness at bordermarch.org> wrote:
  Here again, Gulf War has came and gone.

We had a great showing from Bordermarch and our friends of Bordermarch who choose to camp with us. With our pre-registered count 30+ we can now apply for permanent land at Gulf War. If we so choose, then we can create a permanent gate for Bordermarch on our land.

I had the most wonderful opportunity of creating the breakfast buffet for Thursday’s morning Rose Rapier Tourney. With much of the prep work done at home and with the help of Lady Asatriona all of Wednesday, and that HE Godwin and HE Lissa graciously opened their kitchen for our use at Gulf War, we were able to finish preparing the dishes that were served at the breakfast.

On Thursday morning, getting up at the crack of dawn, hauling all the food and necessities to the Rose Pavilion to set up and decorate the serving tables, I received much help. I could not have accomplished all that was needed without the much-appreciated aid of these individuals. I would like to thank everyone again for all their time and assistants.
Settings up, decorating and laying the tables with food were HE Countess Vanessa (also washed many dishes that day) and HE Countess Sibri, Lady Elisabeth, Lord SanTiego, m’lady Gabriella, HE Armand, Lady Bianca, Lord Nikolai, Lady Donnell, Lady Sarah of Rosenfeld, m’lord Okin/Daniel, and myself.

I’d like to also thank Lady Bronwen Fraseir for her beautiful flavored butters she created in shapes of roses and Fleur de Leis, Croissants, Cheese crepes with strawberries and blueberries. We did not get to partake of the cheese crepe part, due to mishap, but everyone enjoyed the fresh strawberries and blueberries.

The tables were covered with the use of some HE Lissa’s red tablecloths and trays along with my own white tablecloths that were covered with a sheer red fabric embossed with metallic gold roses. Then across the top width of the table, divided equally amongst the length, run three gold table runners. Two red rose topiaries created by HE Countess Tessa were placed upon the top of the tables. The edges of the tables were decorated with big gold bows and ribbons, pinned to them were small bouquets of red and white roses, which I created.

The tables were laid out serving from both sides, with two types of small appetizer quiches, mini spinach cheese turnovers, appetizer sausage balls and a tray with cream cheeses covered with pineapple preserves, apricot preserves and one plain to spread on mini bagels. A tray laden with fresh strawberries, cantaloupe cubes, honeydew cubes, red grapes and rolled deli ham slices. Lady Asatriona donated the ham slices for the chafing dish that also held bacon and sausage patties. There was then the Mexican brunch casserole; small Pumpkin Puff Pancakes and Gingery Banana Waffles both served with maple syrup.

The dessert table was laid out with HE Countess Tessa three-tier serving rack in the middle. The first plate held Baklava tart-lets, second held mini cherry muffins and the third held orange mocha muffins. Flanked on either side were two tiered serving racks, they held a Banana Coconut Crumb Cake, a Chocolate Mocha Crumb Cake, an Apricot-Orange Crumb Cake and a Gingerbread Crumb Cake. Set on the table was a Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb Cake, a Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake, an Apple-Oatmeal Crumb Cake and a Peach-Streusel Kuchen.

The beverages served were the Fruited Champagne Punch served out a Fountain Punch Bowl which worked off a portable battery both donated by Lady Asatriona and served in champagne flutes donated by HE Countess Tessa, which she and m’lady Catalina, Lady Bianca, m’lady Liz hand etched with a rose. There was also Orange juice, Pineapple-Orange Juice and Coffee.

The list field and pavilion were decorated beautifully and the tables were laid out beautifully. I do believe everyone enjoyed the breakfast and we all survived. Thanks to all who gave their time and energies to make this happen.

I would like to say foremost how proud I am of my Lord husband Baron Armand upon his receiving the Queens Blade of Honor. I would also like to say how proud I am of m’lord Diego for receiving his full Chirurgeon's status and the rest of our populace at Gulf War. For all worked hard in camp either cooking, keeping the fires burning, hauling ice, helping me or each other and for all the volunteer hours they put in so everyone else could have a good time.

HE Caitrin de Lacy
Baroness of Bordermarch
Protégé of Her Grace Julia