[Bordermarch] GW 16

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 21:03:54 PDT 2007

A fantastic representative group from this barony was present at GW 16.

Special blessings to Angel and Maurice on the birth of their little one, "at
home" during war week. Also, at home, L Quendolyn communicated that her
sister L Arianna was hospitalized.  Our prayers are with her.  Others
remaining at home kept guard of the Crown's interests that all might remain
secure, and sent messages into the war camp.

It would be good reading for some of the warriors to post their viewpoints
of the experiences, armoured up in the midst of hundreds of fighters, with
the adrenalin rushing. Please post.

I shall attempt to list the populace who were present, at the dreaded risk
of an accidental omission:
TH Caitrin and Armand & Gabriella;  the Next-Exs L Santiago and Elisabeth;
Adolf, Colette, Decimus, BrandErik, Oaken; DanielNewby;  Nikolai and Bianca;
Isabella, Danach and Roger; Sterling and Padragain,  Leah and Badon; Diego,
Catalina, Courtney; Zain, Simonn, and myself.

In addition to field and camp responsibilities, most were seen serving duty
hours in several other venues.
Congratulations to Decimus for his first time to fight at war!  Thanks to
Daniel Newby for all his work to help around camp with hauling and lifting.

Congrats to Diego for receiving his full Chirurgeon's status, now wearing
the red baldric, given at the hand of King Romanius, Himself an interested
Chirurgeon.
And to Gabriella and Courtney in the same classes I attended, where we got
our blue WB badges!
Congrats to our baron, HE Don Armand, who dutifully stood in for the absent
Queen's Champion Don Piet, and who displayed much prowess and dignity at all
times.
And to Cadet Robert Robertson and bride who assisted in camp and on the
field at all times.

Congrats to extended local family, Squire, Lord Uther, who was given the
title of Centurian!

As steward of Rose Day, I would like to again thank those locals and others
who personally assisted me in getting the Thursday Rose Rapier Day carried
out.  It would have been impossible for me to take care of all of the needed
details alone.  Thank you each for making the Roses of Ansteorra look good,
that we might reflect the jovial and tender heart of our beloved Queen
Deanna unto Her guests for the day.
There are countless remarks given about the beauty of the pavilion and field
set up, the welcoming spirit of hospitality there, the smoothness of the
list, the gifts, as well as the exceptionally nice breakfast.

Set ups:  (We needed to first, at 7:30 A.M., clean up garbage and straighten
up the tables and chairs from Wednesday's event);
and Clean ups of our part:
including hanging up the beautiful banners sent by HG Duchess Willow;
setting up all the tables and multi kingdom thrones and other chairs;
arranging the "poofda, foo" flowers, ribbons, field pennants, etc;
Sister Ladies of the Rose, HE Countess Vanessa and HE Countess Sibri whose
hands of service helped produce a welcoming setting, and HG Duchess Conal
for being Marshal in Charge.
Set up was made possible by the help of L Adolf, L Collette, BrandEric,
Okin/Daniel, Decimus/Young Robert; L Zain, HE Simonn, L SanTiego, L
Elisabeth; M Nerak, L Branwyn, L Bianca, Gabriella, L Bianca, L Nikolai, and
List Detail: HG Duchess Conal was our Rapier Marshal in Charge. Don Avery
announced the opening and field heralded the List.
HG Duchess Cateau, M Saundra, HE Michelle, and L Donnell assisted by helping
man the List Table;  HE Countess Sara and HG Duchess Cateau had made the
lovely Rose journal booklet gifts from our Queen Deanna to give to the Order
of the Rose.
We had 94 combatants enter the Rapier List on a light sprinkle rainy
morning, for the pleasure of the Queen of Ansteorra, Deanna Della Penna, and
her Royal Cousins.

Thank you to our talented baroness, HE Lady Caitrin and her work crew, for
preps of the Rose breakfast served, for the plentiful variety of good foods.
Caitrin will no doubt be thanking her extended crew in another post.

Thank you to L Catalina, L Bianca, Liz, who helped me acid etch the 5 dozen
Rose juice flutes tha belong now to the Order of the Rose for functions such
as this.
Some of the Queens actually wanted to "take one" because the glasses were so
nice!  Of course we wer glad for those Queens to take one.

The Rose Rapier Thursday is only one venue of Gulf Wars.  Many hands made
lighter work.  Thank you for happily accepting the delegations.

Most of us non-warriors were able to support the fighters by Waterbearing,
making the Bordermarch shade pavilion beside Hastings Field, and serving
protein, sandwiches and fruit to any who could partake.
Certain classes were exactly what several had hoped for, and the Herald's
point got to know many a Bordermarcher by "name and device" paperwork!
On the shopping side, it seemed we each needed more space to go home,
Duty at the front Troll, at the check-point gates, at The Watch, duty in
Public Works, or on Patrol, or with the Nasty Crats, all of these fun
duties, are rewarding as well as necessary for the War to carry on.  Thanks
to Bordermarchers for the Volunteer Hours that aided the Kingdom in victory
of that war point!
Huge appreciation to Lady Angail who determined that our efforts at Rose Day
and the Bordermarch field side pavillion were shelter, hydration, and
feeding for the warriors and spectators; therefore, we were to earn
Volunteer Points for those services.

Their Majesties Romanius and Deanna decreed in Friday court for all the
knowne world to witness Their decision
in the immediate future of Bordermach, for Their selection of Lord Santiago
and Lady Elisabeth- whose names are now being registered in Spanish and in
French to mean Green Mountain.
Vivat Bordermarch!
Vivat Ans-Te-Orrrrrra!!

Your friend and servant,