[Bordermarch] A&S Report for May

kwc3f at netscape.com kwc3f at netscape.com
Mon May 21 16:34:47 PDT 2007

Hi, Theresa,
     Since inquiring minds want to know... I have been knitting... I am working on a combo shrug/shawl/scarf (can be worn any of these three ways), a couple of lace knit scarves, and most recently (and what I am most tickled about), knitting socks on two circular needles (instead of with double pointed needles) from the toe up instead of cuff-down.
     I am planning on getting back into handspinning on drop spindles. I just purchased some spindles on eBay; one is a fine brass spindle with a replica Chinese coin whorl, and then I got a top whorl spindle with three interchangeable whorls made of agate. Beautiful. I'm sure someone will catch me at a Populace with one of them sometime, spinning away... I'd like to spin some fine yarn for socks.
     That's about it for now. Always more irons in the fire...
Meresankh Wimhotep (mka Wendy Wimberley)

Footprints . . . The Sequel

Then I said, "But Lord, what are these
two lines in the sand next to Your
footprints?" And He answered,
 "My child, those were the times I had to
drag you kicking and screaming until
you decided to get a clue and snap out of it."