[Bordermarch] Adolf the Bear sends words: Fw: Bordermarch fall Melees / Crown Tournament / Butterfly

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 11:34:55 PST 2007

FW: Bordermarch fall Melees
From: Gobel, Robert
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:46 AM
Subject: FW: Bordermarch fall Melees

Robert A. Gobel
Houston Facility Manager
SULZER PUMPS (US) INC
Houston Service Center
101 Old Underwood Rd., Building "G"
LaPorte, TX 77571
Tel. 281-417-7121
Cell 832-205-1546
Fax 281-867-9274
Website: www.sulzerpumps.com
From:   Gobel, Robert
Sent:   Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:59 AM
To:     'bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org'
Cc:     'ragseg at aol.com'
Subject:        Bordermarch fall Melees

As one of the Event stewards I would like to thank all of the people who attended our event.  Without your attendance this event would not be what it is and will grow to be.  I would like to especially like to thank the Crown for showing the confidence and trust in Bordermarch to host the Crown Tournament during our event.  One of the things I learned at this event is that if you give the people in the SCA an area to gather, they will bring the ambiance and festivities needed for a roaring good time.

As far as the event goes I cannot say enough about the help that we received to pull this off.  While the week was long and nothing was perfect there was always a core group of people that were willing to do whatever it took to make sure the event continued on to a successful conclusion.  I fear to name specific people for want of leaving people out, but

Lord Phocas, Lady Bianca, Lady Padraigin, Lord Vaclav, Lord Diego, Lord Arron, H E Countess Mistress Tessa, H E Lord Santiago & H E Lady Elisabeth,  H E Count Sir Simonn, M'Lord Aegelmere Redmond, Lord Sasha, Lady Gabrielle, M'lord Okin, these are but a few of the people who made this event happen as well as it did.  If you do not recognize some of these names it is because they work behind the scenes to make things happen and they are always there!  I would like to express my extra thanks to Lord Phocus for all that he does to insure these events are what they have become.  Additionally I would like to thank HE Brian du Val (Ravensfort) and his people for providing security for our event.  This support has not gone unnoticed!

On a personal note I want to thank my Lady Colete and my two sons, Lord Decimus and Lord Errik for their support.  My two sons seem more than willing to work mindless hours and do mindless tasks at my whim and I cannot be more proud of them and their efforts.

Finally on the subject of the Butterfly that has been being discussed lately.  I too had the experience of a butterfly in joining the SCA but Sir Simonn quickly worked it to a near death existence and then the fire eating dog at site ate it!  Luckily I have been fully infected with the dream and this loss will go unnoticed.

Adolf the Bear
Squire to Sir Simonn