[Bordermarch] site report

Richard Barron richard0159 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 5 20:04:03 PST 2007

That is great!!!!! Question though could there be an email of everything that needs to be or has been signed up for. I have forgot and need to write it down or print it out. Thanks and sorry we are so unava!!

tessa <tessa at gt.rr.com> wrote:  The Melees are Coming!

[Lord Diego came into the house telling me with all excitement, and I want you to hear it! He is aglow with up-date report on site chores!]

Quoting Diego:
"Some of it, you just almost have to see to realize. The amphitheatre has an entirely new view towards the castle, the tall dead topped tree stumps are gone; the old stump north of the theater is tractored out; underbrush is gone and the ground is more level in some spots; all the old picnic tables are removed from the fence near the fighting field; grass has been mowed roughly 25 acres, except maybe the archery field; mowed all the way down, well past the second drive way; plenty of room for the equestrian; there are a few holes more visible in the surface; castle is edged up close, completely around it; the front Friendship Circle is pruned (new available spot for circles or picnic in good weather); the brush is gone mostly from the front parking hill; slab (gate) is cleaned around and around the cabin out front. Water leaks that we know of have been fixed; new shelves in the shower houses and mirrors attached to the walls; walls all scrubbed in the rest rooms and floor
s are scrubbed, with the new fatigue-mats on the floors in men's and women's RR; back of the castle wooden part has been repaired; front little house at the entrance is painted now to match the English cottage theme of the bath houses (that were painted a year ago); several gardens are totally weeded and clean around with the hope that some of the unattended plants might sprig out; some of the flowers otherwise are in beautiful bloom of Ansteorran gold and red; the herbs and ivy/morning glory arch are lush, considering they are left to the elements for most of the year; some trench digging was done to bury new wiring systems; electrcity is ready for the gate tent; there will be a plug box for the amphi-theatre; several of us have made recent purchases of added tents; Thursday set-up will include briging gargolyles to the castle walls; other personal statuary will be brought out to highlight several spots;

...Thanks to these workers whether over multiple days, weekend visits when possible over the summer and autumn, or even for a few hours who have labored..."

[Major thanks to Diego and Phocas who have been camping there to work on site, and]
"to Santiago, Elisabeth; Simonn, Tessa, Zane; Cameron, Thereez; Padragain, Sterling; Libby, Godric, Gavin, Ashley, Malcolm, Nikolai, Aaron Whitewolf, Kemela, Courtney, Wolf and Nancy; and to Armand, Caitrin, Gabby for stopping by on Sunday."
Without the attention of all these workers, updates on the grounds would not look as fine as they do now."