[Bordermarch] 12th Night / *Off Calendar*

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 07:16:27 PST 2007

Good Greetings,
Thank you to Lady Angelica and Lord Maurice, volunteering to coordinate 12th
Night at Bordermarch,
and to dearest Baroness Valencia for planning the invitations.
 :)   :)

I have checked with the Coastal Regional Seneschal, gracious Lady Brenna,
to be certain how to proceed with 12th Night 2008 discussion and planning
for
Saturday, January 5, 2008.

Seems to be another great opportunity for teaching anyone else who is
interested
in these matters for future reference.

12th Night 2008 may be an *OFF calendar* occurrence.
12th Night may be advertised on list and in the newsletter as *off
calendar.*
That means 12th Night does not consume one (1) of the limited number of
Calendar Events
which the barony may host per year (including Autumn Melees PED or Spring
Baronial Champion).

When we start to prepare "gate," let's please have the "3-ring notebook" and
some blank waivers
readily available.
For participants who might not have a BLUE CARD in hand,
12th Night needs to use WAIVERS at gate for insurance purposes -because of
the fighting- ,
and then those WAIVERS will be sent to the Kingdom Waiver Secretary;
...however, the Non-Membership-Surcharge [NMS] is *NOT REQUIRED*
because a set gate *fee* is not required.
Baronial monies *may be* budgeted for expenditures.
Donations will be welcome.

I hope this discussion is informative to anyone who wanting to learn about
waivers, off-calendar events,
or tasks related to gate coordination or delegation.
This is not really an after-thought, but is another chance to thank the Gate
Coordinator and working crews
who served several hours each for Melees/Crown Tny gate.
While 12th Night will be a one-day gate shift,  2007 Melees/Crown Tourney
gate was over several days !
I wish to again commend Lady Padraigin for her devotion to the coordination
for gate shifts,
for her consistent checking on gate happenings, for her determination that
to serve the event well,
and for her outlook as to it all being a privilege to serve the Kingdom.

Hoping everyone who expended themselves last week is now catching up on
rest,
Thanks,
Tessa
Seneschal, Bordermarch