[Bordermarch] Looking for lyrics

Stephanie Simmons simmons4204 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 06:10:15 PDT 2008

I found two versions on the internet:
Health To The Company
Kind friends and companions come join me in rhyme
And lift up your voices in chorus with mine
We'll drink and be merry, from grief we'll refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again.

Chorus:
So here's a health to the Company and one to my lass
Let's drink and be merry all out of one glass
We'll drink and be merry all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again.

Here's a health to the wee lass that I love so well
For style and for beauty there's none can excel
There's a smile on my countenance as she sits upon my knee
Sure there's no one in this wide world as happy as me.

My ship lies in harbour, she sails on the tide
With death to the Spaniards on ev'ry broadside
We may all go to hell, me lads, but I tell you this day,
There'll be a boatload of Spaniards a'leading our way.

Now me ship lies at harbour, she's ready to dock
We wish her safe landing without any shock
And if never we meet again by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me.

Following is a link to the lyrics of the song that THe Chieftans recorded:

http://www.mtv.com/lyrics/chieftains_the/here_s_a_health_to_the_company/2513297/lyrics.jhtml

Stephanie

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."