[Bordermarch] Stargate: Grand Sunday Tourney in the Park

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Wed May 7 19:32:21 PDT 2008

 MLord Malcolm MacLein askes for this to be posted.

Subject: Grand Sunday Tourney in the Park

Unto Sir Rhodri, Pomestnitsa Wissa Medvedeva, Madog of Glastonbury, Frederic De La Costas, Lord Malcolm MacLein, and HE Brian du Val, doth Centurion Othar Morgason send greetings.

I hope this missive finds you in good health, your business prospects on the rise and your families doing well.  Stargate is blessed to have such wonderful neighbors such as yourselves.

In less than two weeks, on the 18th day of the fair month of May, Stargate will host its first of many monthly Sunday Tournaments.  There will be Prizes, Calligraphied Scrolls, Beautiful Ladies and Stalwart Lords surrounding a wonderful list field in Memorial Park in Houston Texas.  You are all invited to attend and may pass this open invitation to the denizens of your areas so that they also can participate in this wonderful event.

Armor inspection and list sign up will commence at 2 pm* and the list to begin soon after 3.  Our requested** entry fee will be non-perishable food items to be donated to the local food bank.  There will be classes taught during the day: List Mistressing, Consort 101, Beginning Field Heraldry, and List Field Etiquette.

Our site has flush privies, picnic tables, shade and plenty of parking.  We will be at the intersection of N Picnic Lane, S Picnic Lane and Memorial Drive.  Go to Google Maps and enter "SCA Fighter Practice."

Hoping to see you and the many members of your group that can come enjoy a beautiful day in the park.

In service to Baron and King,

Othar

*an hour earlier than our usual Sunday Fighter Practice
**optional, but appreciated
--
Full plate and packin' steel!