[Bordermarch] Office opening

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sun Nov 2 17:10:58 PST 2008

OFFICE OPENING:
It has been my privilege to work alongside Their Excellencies as Bordermarch Seneschal since their investiture in April of 2006. They area appreciated for the atmosphere of family that they create and for the opportunities of working/playing together that they have generated. At this time I look toward retirement from this office, grateful to the officers who have worked so well together to maintain a good rapport locally and up/down the ladder with your Regional superior officers. No one person nor family keeps a barony alive, in good standing. It takes the combined efforts of each officer and deputy-in-training for consistent reporting; of stewards and delegates for the smooth running of events and of wrap-ups for lessons learned; of the financial committee to follow stringent legal guidelines in place for SCA; of warriors and their field support and their faithfulness to present blue cards or signed waivers; of artisans and their sharing of knowledge; of guild leaders and guild workers who produce and teach that which might have been; of newslettering for effective communications and an outlet for your research arts; and of general populace who are faithful to attend and support local happenings whether at the local weekly ongoings or the grand scale event productions; and of those who see a job needing done and without expectation stand forward to accomplish that job, so that others might experience The Dream known as the SCA.
This is Bordermarch.

I wish to personally thank long term deputies and those interested in making application for the local Seneschal post, including but not limited to the following. ~I truly am unaware of each individual wishing to apply at this time and therefore beg your pardon if I do not know to list your name at this moment.~
Lady Padraigin, HE Baroness Lady AmberLea, Lord Adolf the Bear, and Honorable Lady Therese' d' Ivoire who have been available and as faithful as their lives allowed to secure communications, conduct an officer meeting, or submit report information.

These and any others who wish to now apply for the office of Seneschal, please know that in the modern process of effective operations within the SCA, regular computer access for internet and emails is "second to breathing air" for this office.  Whereas multiple boxes of paper files have been generated, I hope to pass along to my successor "electronic data collections" instead.

All interested prospects for Seneschal office should now please
(1) write your letter of introduction to Their Excellencies Elisabeth and Santiago,
copied to the Regional Seneschal address shown in Black Star, and
copied to this local Seneschal office for file.
Unto each of those addressees, please include the following:
(2) a photo copy of your blue membership card with its date of expiration visible and
(3) a photo i.d. such as a state driver's license or employee security pass.
Decision for the whom the next Seneschal will be shall be determined before January 16-18, 2009, King's Round Table, the event where incoming officers are usually warranted per reign. Warranting of Officers is standard now for 6 months at a time, for seamless transitions in the event that someone's tenure needed to be shorter than two years... or longer than.