[Bordermarch] Re Evacuations and Ike

Tommie Stovall-Prentiss katitcha at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:47:52 PDT 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen,   I would not recommend evacuating to our west at this time.  Although the weather data is still uncertain, most agencies concurr that the storm will hit to our west along the coast sometime around Saturday.  We are supposed to get some rain and wind.  However, I do not underestimate Mother Nature and neither should anyone else.  There have been no voluntary or mandatory evacuations called at this time by our emergency agencies.  Keep a close eye on the storm today and tomorrow.  I will try to post again after checking NOAA later today and also the national hurricane center predictions.   Basically where the storm goes is dependent on a high pressure system and a weather system moving down from the northwest.  If the high pressure system does not weaken too much, then the storm will move further west say down along Corpus Christi, if it does weaken and the weather system moves down with the right timing, it could pick up Ike and sling it closer to our area.  There are many factors at play here, so please do not be too worried yet.   Tommie StovallAka Katitcha Brendwyth