[Bordermarch] Ike

Lathrop, Dave Dave.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Sep 23 04:50:30 PDT 2008

 Greetings Bordermarch,

It's a sad day when the guy who owns huge dirt moving equipment, and
uses cranes to perform tree extractions from roofs, calls you one of his
"regulars."

It seems we have used this same guy's company throughout the
construction phase of the new house for dirt work, clearing trees, and
installing driveway material.

I have used these guys to move some of my heavy tools and junk from one
area of my empire to another. If HE Elisabeth notices that my stuff has
been sitting in

the same place for more than a few months she deems it to be a useless
piece of junk. It's all I can do to keep her from having all my good
stuff hauled off.

These guys showed up with their equipment  and removed the big oak that
was resting on our barn. There were guys climbing trees with chainsaws
while others were

pushing debris to the back forty. We now have fewer trees and will have
more grass to mow next year.

We are slowly returning to normal, but are still out of touch with most
because of our internet being down. We hope to see everyone at populace
this Thursday, swap stories,

and discuss recover efforts that are continuing for our area.

Santiago and Elisabeth