[Bordermarch] Baronian expansion

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed Jun 17 09:26:58 PDT 2009

Lord Adolf,

You read far too much into a simple gathering of our populace in which they shared their God-given talents with others.
>From your missive, I can only surmise that it is you who have a conspirators' mentality.
We do make ready for war, but that is the natural flow of life for any Bordermarcher who has lived on the edge of annihilation for any length of time.
Our small barony must constantly be prepared for we are one of the few portals into the fair and Noble Kingdom Ansteorra.
I now regard you and your actions with suspicion. Should I discover that it is you and that band of cretins you deem worthy of your attention stirring up trouble between Ansteorra and our good neighbors to the east, my reprisal shall be swift and without consideration of our long friendship.
Unknown to you and the general populace is the fact that Nomis is once again spearheading the information gathering effort in his travels throughout the known world. I must admit that I do have to weed through most of his communications due to his lack of judgment concerning certain situations. Although his wit is but a shadow of what it us to be, his childlike behavior helps to lull his contacts into a more relaxed state of trust.
I also have the Seventh Hand of Kebol's Assassin's Guild constantly feeding information to me concerning everything important.

My most pressing concern right now is the return of Nomis and the Jimwat bush. Unless my official food taster's throat bloat is cured, all in the barony fear the worst.

Once again; THERE IS NO PLAN!