[Bordermarch] Urgent News!!!

justinw at dreammakersetx.com justinw at dreammakersetx.com
Thu Jun 25 20:09:09 PDT 2009

Your Excellency,

     While on patrol, my crew and I came upon a small vessel that
,without a doubt, was a small team of assassins. They carried unique
weapons that I will definitely need to consult with the weapons master
,Zain, and get his opinion. I will do my best to describe the weapons
for they look extremely dangerous. They each carried a standard knife,
and the vessel also contained long poles with a long thin rope attached
at the tip and at the end of the rope was a hideous looking spike. it
was curved and had an extremely sharp tip with a barb. One of then even
had a triple curved spike. It looked as though it could seriously hurt
someone. The three assassins were dispatched quickly, they must have
been silent assassins for they put up no fight at all. They just cried
like children as we took their lives. No doubt they were from our
neighboring kingdom, and sent to reek havoc in our Barony.

As for the dessert I was telling you about, I have to explain how to
make it. For it is truly a treat. I learned to make this while dining
with the Queen of the Americas. Her Majesty is a lovely woman and a fine
connoisseur of delicious treats. This recipe that I am about to pass on
was served to me upon my last visit. She called it "creme rrenversee"
but soon changed the name after our feast. What happened was after we
dined I felt the urge to smoke my pipe. I used one of the candles for
it's fire. As I was lighting said pipe the seservantlaced the dessert in
front of me and the candle flame ignited the dish. It flamed up faster
than a torch. I simply covered the bowl with a plate to put the fire
out.The Queen was so impressed that right there she decreed that the
name of the dessert forever be named " Creme Brulee ". I was truly
honored. Did I mention she is a wonderful woman?

The recipe is as follows:

1 bowl heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 tea cup of vanilla sugar, divided
6 large rooster egg yolks
2 bowls of hot water

Place the cream, vanilla bean and its pulp into a mid sized pan set over
medium-high flame and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and
allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and reserve for
another use.

In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 of the tea cup of sugar and the egg
yolks until well blended and it just starts to lighten in color. Add the
cream a little at a time, stirring continually. Pour the liquid into 6
small bowls. Place the bowls into a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot
water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the bowls. Bake just
until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center,
approximately 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the bowls from the roasting pan
and cool in the cellar for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

Remove the creme brulee from the cellar for at least 30 minutes prior to
browning the sugar on top. Divide the remaining 1/2 tea cup vanilla
sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a
flame, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the creme brulee to
sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.

It makes for a wonderful dessert or midnight snack.

Well that is the news from the front, I will keep you informed of all
that I can. Any word from you friend Novice? If he needs my assistance
have him stand on a dock and wave a green flame. I will be vigilant
in seeking his sign.

Has there been any news of the Golden Dona? I was told she was less than
pleased that I took her daughter without speaking to her. Did you
discuss our departure with the Golden Dona?  I hear tell that she has a
horrible temper and has been known to "unman" a man or two when the mood
strikes her. I don't mean to offend your Excellency, but I have no
desire to be "unmanned". Would you please talk with the Golden Dona and
save my future offspring?

In Service to the Dream,

Chrestien Brule