[Bordermarch] This weekend

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Jun 29 08:42:37 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

This weekend HE Elisabeth had me helping her all day Saturday setting up her sewing room; she was absolutely gleeful when it was done. She completed the new  Herald's tabard, and then moved onto making another Frankish style dress;  she will have to fill in the details. It was quite refreshing to see her spinning with childlike abandon as she modeled her Ansteorra yellow creation for me.

I spent Sunday in the shop fine tuning the bow. The dark zebra wood nocks I added to the bow, compliment the white oak limbs rather nicely. The addition of the nocks really pulled the whole bow together, and now I feel that closure is finally obtainable.
I also built a jig for making Flemish style bowstrings. Since the jig took very little time to make, I proceeded to make a few  bowstrings.

Although we briefly touched on the art of making bowstrings in the last bowyer's class, we didn't have time to make one. We will be having another Bordermarch A&S day sometime in September, and perhaps we can cover bowstring construction in more detail then.

What did you do this weekend that was beneficial to our society and mankind in general?