[Bordermarch] From His Majesty Gunthar [Ansteorra] Known World Squires Tournament at Gulf Wars

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sat Mar 7 11:27:00 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Gunter" <countgunthar at hotmail.com>
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:54 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Known World Squires Tournament at Gulf Wars

Forwarded from the Armour Archive:

Yet again I have the Honor of hosting a Knowne World Squires Tourney at Gulf
Wars this year. It is currently listed as being held Thursday the 19th from
2-4pm. The Ravine battle is scheduled for that morning from 10-12 so there
will be a break, hopefully before the Squires Tourney begins.

The Tourney is open to all fighters in fealty to a Knight or Master of Arms
of the Society. Squires are challenged to come and do battle in an Atlantian
Speed Tourney format until a victor shows him or herself from the assembled
fighters. It will be a Double Elimination tourney so there will be plenty of
fighting. I encourage pick ups after you are out of the lists as these
events are GREAT opportunities to fight people and styles completely foreign
to how you fight back home.

All Knights and Masters of Arms present at Gulf Wars are invited to come to
the tourney and to sign the Scroll that is being prepared for the winner of
the tourney. Even if you do not have a student competing in the Tourney,
please add your name to the scroll as a witness to the combat done that day.

If you are able to do so I would appreciate it if some of you good gentles
could spread the word of this to the different Kingdom lists.

I hope to see many of you at Gulf Wars next week. If not there, then
possibly Blackstone Raids or Pennsic.

Sinclair
Atlantia.