[Bordermarch] Populace

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed May 27 11:01:56 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

Thursday, 5/28/09, 7:00pm-ish, Gander Mountain, Lodge room in the back, is where we will have our populace meeting this month. I don't know who Elisabeth has lined up to speak, perhaps nobody, but we shall persevere!
We will discuss the upcoming June 13th A&S day at our abode. I'm sure Lord Nikolai, our newest A&S Champion, A&S officer, and all around A&S kind of guy, will have much to discuss with us mere plebs who strive so hard to be just like him.
Perhaps we can talk about our recent successful Baronial event, and how we can make successfuller.
We will now be accepting letters of intent from our populace pertaining to autocrating next year's Baronial event.
Ansteorra's 30th year anniversary fast approaches. The celebration will be held at the Canton Old Time Trade Days site. 1000 plus people are expected, and we encourage everyone to attend if they can.
Since Baronial is done and gone, we now begin some serious scheming for this year's Autumn Melees. I think our group has learned from past events just what to expect; this year should be a piece of cake.
The roundel that I found with, "I am a good person, and I like myself," engraved into the back was claimed by our own Sir Simonn.

Just a bit of news:

Since Lord Adolf and I recently cleaned out the last of my storage bins, my barn is now overflowing with one-of-a-kind treasures. When one's eyes feast upon my treasures, one will not be blinded by glitter or sparkles that tend to cheapen. One will immediately notice that the layers of dust that lightly kiss said treasures,  have a rich woodsy schmell.
As we were removing my treasures from storage to the barn, I noticed Lord Adolf cursing as he man-handled a man-sized chunk of my coveted Persimmon wood. Being that I respect all things gifted to us by Mother Nature, I challenged him to break off small piece, and smell it! He was hesitant at first, but finally accepted my challenge. He could only snap off the smallest of pieces because Persimmon is a very hard wood. It is still used to this day in the production of golf club heads. It's very resilient to shock and will retain a fruity nose for years. Lord Adolf claimed it smelled very much like his breath. The smell disgusted him enough that he asked me if he could chunk it into the woods. Of course I said yes to his pleading, and just as he tossed it some perspiration dripped into my eyes, forcing me to wipe them clean with my shirt.