[Bordermarch] News

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 16:19:25 PST 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

HE Elisabeth and I just got in from the barn after we burned the stray strands of fiber from the site tokens. We then dipped all of them in some urethan to make them waterproof. They are now hanging in the barn not unlike a bunch of tiny sausages.

Yesterday's LOCH-TOBERFEST hosted by Loch Soilleir turned out to be a blast. Since my Love Muffin and I had to leave early, we missed some of the activities, including the German feast.
I did smell something that I thought was apple cider, but later found it to be sausages on a stick. HE Elisabeth and HE Isabeau of Stargate couldn't make up their minds as to whether they were hungry, so I wandered over, threw down two shekels and bought both of those fine looking Ladies one of those wonderful looking links. I even had enough money left over to purchase one for myself. The links were all gobbled up by the time Lord Phocas and Lady Ellen showed up looking for some foodage; they had to settle for pieces of fantastic tasting period pretzels from the A&S display.

HE William was seen walking around leaving a trail of candy for the children. The children were supposed to follow the candy trail, but couldn't! HE Elisabeth saw HE William dropping the candy and went behind him scoping it up. When her arms were full she approached HE William and proceeded to inform him that she had picked up all the candy he had dropped. HE William, with tears in his eyes, had to gently inform HE Elisabeth exactly what he was doing. HE Elisabeth said she was very sorry and only then noticed the small children looking high and low for the candy trail HE William had promised them.

Lord Adolf, Lady Colecte, Lord Brand, Lord Okin, Lord Decimus, and little Lady Abigail arrived at site early, just in time for armor inspection. Lord Adolf had invited one of his coworkers and family to the event. Scott, his coworker, was dress in a kilt of all things. He even had a genuine Scottish accent, a byproduct of living in Scotland. His wife and two children were taking in the sights, and learning about the SCA in general.
Some of the folks were walking around looking much like newts! They had been bewitched by witches suspected to be on site. To become un-bewitched they had to find a sage and follow his instructions to the letter. Some of his instructions included; bring me yellow with a bit of laughter. needless to say the newts were very perplexed. There were also folks walking around with big X's hanging from their backs; they had also met a witch.
The light fights were dispatched to the woods to root-out the witches, and any other malcontents they could find. I've not yet heard if they were successful.
The heavy fighters were busy with melees like scenarios throughout the day.

It was a short event for us, but the weather was great, and the people were great, and the link was great!