[Bordermarch] News

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Oct 5 07:04:57 PDT 2009

The Order of the Garter
Honi soit gui mal y pense, "shame upon him who thinks evil upon it"

King Edward III founded the Order of the Garter around 1348 as "a fellowship and college of knights".  The King's wardrobe account shows Garter habits first issued in the autumn of 1348.

This is just a bit of history about the Award our own HE Don Armand was bequeathed with during Three Queens last weekend...Vivat Don Armand!

The Sable Shield was Bordermarch's Chrestien Brule during Three Queens this past weekend. It's a prestigious  award presented to all active and inactive servicemen in the SCA.
I believe this is M'Lord Chrestien Brule's very first award ever presented to him at an event...Vivat M'Lord Chrestien Brule!

Although the threat of rain was nigh upon us, a few brave souls found themselves at Roger's Park yesterday afternoon for fighter practice.
Most of those who journeyed to Three Queens with us last weekend somehow found the strength to pull themselves from bed and gather their armor for practice.

Lady Padraigin must have escaped from Carlos the Ripper, my arch nemesis, because she also joined us for fighter practice. Where she was and what she endured was never discussed. She claims to know zilch
about the assassination attempt on me, or the fact that HE Elisabeth saved my life by blinding a would be assassin with some scalding chowder.
Lady Padraigin was not her usual chatty self yesterday, she claimed to have a speck of dirt in her eye that seemed to be bothering her.

Lady Ophelia and Lord Vincois stopped by to spend some time catching up on what's been happing.

Lord Malcolm joined us, but was sporting a fashionable black bandage around his knee. A little more time healing and he'll be back in the fight.

We're getting a lot of youth showing up at fighter practices, they really enjoy the boffer fighting.
The area we used for fighter practice that was near the tennis courts worked out really well last Thursday. There is plenty of light, parking, newcomer traffic, grass to fight on, and the tennis courts themselves are usually clear after 7:30 or so.
The tennis courts have all been reworked and have a new surface that has excellent traction that should help prevent any slipping.

HE Elisabeth and my schedule is very full this month what with the wedding planning going on for my son Adam and his bride to be Renee. We will however join our friends in Loch Soilleir for their LOC-TOBER FEST event on October 30-31
We would encourage everyone in Bordermarch to join us to reciprocate William and Narkissa, Baron and Baroness of Loch Soilleir, and their populace's support and attendance at Bordermarch's events.
It will be a good day for Bordermarchers to travel together and revel in the festivities. We would like to get as many newcomers as we can to the event. Sharing rides and caravanning will be encouraged!
If this is one of our newcomers first SCA events, their site fee is cut in half! and no NMS (no member surcharge)!

I also need a volunteer to send something to the Chronicler at bordermarch.org<mailto:Chronicler at bordermarch.org>, listing 15 or more things you think folks don't know about you.

We don't need the official officers reports, but if our Officers would like to post some verbiage about their happenings for the month, feel free to do so.
The deadline for info for the Trumpeter is a few days before populace meeting.