[Bordermarch] 3 Queens

Dena Steele padraigin at swbell.net
Tue Oct 6 01:14:34 PDT 2009

Greetings Your Excellencies,

     I am so relieved to hear of HE Elisabeths quick thinking and insight to thwart this assassination plot against HE Santiago and other misdeeds that may have ensued by this minion so cleverly disguised in my likeness.  Take heed as I divulge the details of this cunning assassins plot, may you not fall prey as I on this ill-fated day.  I ask of your patience, for I am still quite groggy from the tainted herb steeped water.

   On the eve prior to the Battle of the Three Queens, I was loading my wagon with armor, garb, fruit, meats, cheeses and liquid libations.  I was in an excited haste for Their Excellencies had requested my stay at their grand manse that night and accompany them on their journey early the next morn.  My flaggart of herb steeped water was hung on the side of the wagon as I retrieved a valuable box that HE Santiago had requested to use in our journey the next day.  This box was bequeathed to me by an old druid known as Garmin after promising that its use be in good trust and good faith.  The box contains many maps of the knowne world, guides cold, hungry and weary travellers to a warm hearth and many other secrets that will remain just that.  After securing my belongings onto the wagon, I grabbed my flaggart of sweet libation to quench my thirst.  I did not stop drinking until the last drop had fallen upon my parched lips, that is
 when I noticed a rather bitter taste to the otherwise sweet brew.  I was becoming rather weary and retreated into my dwelling.
     I awoke the next evening, groggy and disoriented, to find my belongings in much disarray.  My red cotehardie was mused and soiled with porridge (it would appear this assassin is partial to red).  My belongings that had been scented with lavender and patchouli oils, smelled of the pungent odor of goats and sheep and my wagon was infested with fleas and ticks.  I was astonished to find that my prized box bequeathed to me by Druid Garmin remained tucked safely away, for they must not know of its worth.  My armor, swords, shield, jewels, and gold remained scattered about with nary a piece pilfered.  Was this an assassination attempt on HE Santiago or a spy infiltrating the barony posing as a loyal member of the populace?  Be Wary !

In Loyal Service,
Lady Padraigin