[Bordermarch] Fighter Practice 10/08/09

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri Oct 9 08:27:22 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

We had a great time at last night's fighter practice, the only thing missing was pizza.

It was a pleasure to visit with Lord Dietrich Strobellart and his lovely Lady Gwendolen McIver who both hail from Barony Stargate. They journeyed to Beaumont to take advantage of Lady Libby and family's garage sale that was opened early for
SCA'ers. Lord Dietrich and Lady Gwendolen stopped by fighter practice after the garage sale to say hello. We wish they could have stayed longer, but the day had ended and their journey home had yet to begin.

Lord Adolf the Bear is back with us and in prime shape; his bout with the flue seems to be over, but he claims to now have an uncontrollable craving for Tex-Mex food.

Lady Padraigin was attacked by a bot-fly during practice. She claimed it came from the darkness at great speed and flew right into her eyeball! The bot-fly attack shook her up a bit because she had just recently recovered from an ambush the night before Three Queens.
The ambusher knocked Lady Padraigin out with poisoned drink and then rifled through her belongings. Somehow Lady Padraigin's eye was injured during the ambush, the same eye that the bot-fly decided to attack!

Lord Okin is really coming along with his chiv fighting. He plans on making some new armor soon. Right now he is using his grandfather's leather lorica, but it's a little big.

Basic shield wall tactics were introduced to our new fighters to prepare them for BAM and Gulf War.

A list of those who attended last night's fighter practice; due to my having slept since then, I've more than likely forgotten someone.

Lord Zane
Lord Okin
M'Lord Chrestien
M'Lord Gary