[Bordermarch] Sunday 10-11-09 fighter practice

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Oct 12 07:21:19 PDT 2009

Salutations unto Bordermarch,

Soon, we'll all be back at work, and everyone of us will revel in the pleasure that our mundane job brings. Sometimes the joy is too much to endure.

Yesterday's fighter practice was sort of cold, and wet, and windy. The ladies were huddled up together discussing garb and other things they always discuss. M'Lady Karen was so kind to furnish the group with some fresh tangerines, they were quite delicious!

What a wonderful blessing it was to once again witness HE Don Armand sparring with his cadet, Lord Nikolai Vladislav. They attacked skillfully, and parried each other with their blades, but  their verbal assaults could only be described as legendary!

Sir Simonn and M'Lord Beu worked with each other then turned their attention  to our newest young fighters, M'Lord Grant, and M'Lord Anthony. It was hard to concentrate on the fighting what with Sir Simonn grunting and screaming at M'Lord Anthony during a press. He was trying to scare M'Lord Anthony, but I don't think I worked. At day's end it was Sir Simonn and M'Lord Beu who seemed worn out by the young fighter's stamina.

A long time player made the long tortured journey to be with us at last night's fighter practice. Lady Sloan de Lyn somehow managed to walk all the way from her house across the street from our fighter practice site to spend some time with us.
She was wearing some of the jewelry she crafts and it was indeed beautiful. We hope she can find her way back to visit with us often, if not, we might just cross the street and drag her over back with us.

Young M'Lord Zach was seen riding his stick horse, chasing his sister, M'Lady Chris. M'Lord Zach could be Bordermarch's answer to starting up our own equestrian group.

I did receive a business card, via HE Elisabeth, from Lord Antoine Picard. Since it was printed on fine paper stock and was in color, I have to assume it is legit; Bordermarch's Lord Antoine is now working for the man!

Lord Malcolm and M'Lady Aaron tied the knot last Saturday afternoon. The wedding was held in Roger's Park, and according to HE Elisabeth, it was a beautiful wedding.
Since I was committed to be elsewhere that day, I shall let others describe this wonderful event.

And of course, here's my fighter practice attendance list.
If you don't see your name then you probably weren't there, and more than likely we talked about you, you'll never know because you weren't there, and besides that, we had tangerines to eat, and you didn't!

HE Elisabeth
HE Santiago
Lady Sloan de Lyn
M'Lord Chrestien Brule
Lady Nora
M'Lord Zach
M'Lady Chris
M'Lady Brittany
M'Lady friend of M'Lady Brittany
Lord Zane
Sir Simonn
M'Lord Beu
M'Lady Karen
Lady Scarlet Mac Ian Deveraux
Lord Jan Luc Deveraux
M'Lord Martigan Dominque
M'Lord Grant
HE Dona Leah
M'Lord Michael
M'Lady Tanya
M'Lord Anthony
Lady Cataline
Lord Jacques
Lord Nikolai
Lady Bianca
M'Lord Zakk
HE Don Armand
Lord Okin

In perpetual service to Barony Bordermarch,