[Bordermarch] Important news

justinw at dreammakersetx.com justinw at dreammakersetx.com
Tue Oct 13 17:12:16 PDT 2009

Your Excellancy,

     I am writing you to inform you of a battle we faced this very day.
I lost 5 good and faithful crew members today. Seems your friend over
the river conspires to rid me from the earth. He has hired cut throats
to kill my crew and I. We prevailed but we lost good men and sustained
some serious damage to the "Phoenix". We are currently fixing the damage
and we sent our dead off in style.

     The ship that attacked us was full of unsavory types. Bourbon and
Coke hired some ruffians. There was Jacklyn McDaniels, The Seagrams 7,
James Beam, the dreaded Russian, Smirnoff, and they were on a ship
captained by the very capable J. Morgan. It was one heck of a battle. I
was scared more than once that we might have been sent to Davey Jones
Locker. My crew however stood thier ground and managed to take the Good
Captain Morgan captive. We tied his hands behind his back and a log to
his leg and threw him in the drink... It was rather boring. He didn't
step up to fight. My first mate was killed....So I have promoted
Sewallis de Shirley to that position.

     I know it was Bourbon and Coke's plot, for his cousin, Rum and Coke
was on board. We currently have in chains. What do you wish to do with
him? Send him back in a Dead Mans Chest or bring him to you? I will
await your response before I deal with him. We had to tie a strap across
his mouth, He was lying through his tooth claiming he was not on a
mission to kill my crew and I. We did find a letter telling of my ship
and of me. The bottom of the letter was signed, Bourbon and Coke!!!

     We torched what was left of the ship , but not before taking what
little there was of value. I shall keep the borders safe, Your
Excellancy. Any word from Nomis? I haven't seen him which I guess is
good for me. I shall keep you posted.

Chrestien Brule
Captain of "The Phoenix"