[Bordermarch] Story of "The Phoenix"

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Sep 29 04:48:34 PDT 2009

Captain Chrestien Brule,

I think it was a great story that leads one to ponder of all the adventures you and Captain Alderich enjoyed. Many have inquired as to how our small barony came to employ such a fine vessel manned by a crew of-how shall we say-questionable reliability.
The story needs to be continued with your encounter with your lovely Lady Nora and her mother the Golden Haired Dona.

I've a recent missive from friend Nomis; he has returned from the farthest reaches of what he calls "the land of the bearded dogs".
He claims to have witnessed sights that would have striped a weaker man of his very soul! We must make ready!
I'm afraid his prolonged stay with Lady Jimwat has left him with a shaken sense of reality. His claims of betrayal from within our very own barony cannot be taken seriously.
I've asked him to stay where he is and relay to me any noteworthy information that pertains to the forthcoming invasion, but I may have asked too much of my old friend this time.

Our commanders have confirmed that your information concerning the Bourbon the coke's betrayal to our cause is accurate. As we speak, he gathers information that will facilitate the placement of those in his kingdom who wish to call Bordermarch home; the Bourbon the coke presumes to much!