[Bordermarch] in case you hadn't heard...

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 09:19:24 PDT 2010

I don't know who David is, but...
also, I did not simply forward the email I received. Instead, I did the 'cut and paste' thing so, even if the virus was hidden in the warning email (and I don't know if that is even possible!), there is no way I'm sending it on.
Bill

Dave's brother is a very advanced  programmer who does computer work for a
living and  has a high up status with Microsoft.  He  doesn't send these if
they aren't real.   If  he  says this is for real, it for sure is.   Be
aware.

 VIRUS  COMING !

  Hi  All,
  I  checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are  gearing up for this
virus!
  I  checked Snopes, and it is for real.

Now, here's an odd thing: This email - supposedly originating from someone high up in Microsoft - says that the virus 'burns' your entire hard disc, but then says that it destroys the Zero Sector (rendering the drive useless because the important instructions on what to do are written there?)  The whole thing sounds a little fishy to me but, better safe than sorry.  And we all know to be careful opening attachments, right?
Good luck,
Bill

We cannot destroy the Earth; we can only destroy our ability to live on it. You  should be alert during the next few days. Do not  open any message
with an attachment entitled  'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent
it  to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD  IMAGE, which 'burns' the
whole hard disc C of your  computer.

  This  virus will be received from someone who has your  e-mail address
in his/her contact list. This is  the reason why you need to send this
e-mail to all  your contacts. It is better to receive this  message 25 times
than to receive the virus and  open it.

  If  you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though  sent to you by a
friend, do not open it! Shut down  your computer immediately.

This virus was discovered  by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair
yet  for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys  the Zero Sector of
the Hard Disc, where the vital  information is  kept.