[Bordermarch] Stuff

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed Dec 29 07:35:51 PST 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

For those with inquiring minds, there will be no Populace meeting this Thursday.
We combined it with our After Event Meeting earlier in December.

Our little end-of-the-year-break is now about over and we begin anew with another year approaching.
Since 2011 is the year of "la cabra", we are planning to have quite a few days filled with singing and dancing!

HE Elisabeth and I have been practicing a very special dance that originated in the southern region of Korea; the birthplace of someone's ancestors.
The dance is performed to the hauntingly woody noise from a bamboo flute that has been crafted with but one blow-hole, and the syncopated rhythms produced by a castanet played with one halve purposely muted.
As soon as Sir Simmon gets his wind back and Countess Tessa gets her foot back we are hoping they will join us when we perform this dance for the populace.
It would be a dream come true if we could get Lord Zane and Lord Chrestien Brule to assist the musicians by clapping their hands.

The December issue of the Trumpeter is now posted on our upgraded website, thank you Lord Phocas!
Lady Pandora did an another outstanding job of putting this issue together.
Since it has a lot of pictures from BAM, none of the heavy fighters need to fret about struggling with big words to enjoy this issue.

I've noticed that some of our people have received an "unsubscribed" thing to the Bordermarch list, but I don't know why. I do suspect it has something to do with personal indulgences in the excessive use of bug repellent, but that's just an educated guess.

I saw the word "Friend" printed out the other day and immediately thought it was spelled wrong. I now think it strange that I thought that.

This year's 12th night is a Viking theme, but please remember that even though there was honey around back then, there were no buttermilk biscuits!