[Bordermarch] Baronial Borders Report

justinw at dreammakersetx.com justinw at dreammakersetx.com
Sat Feb 6 09:41:26 PST 2010

Your Excellencies,

     I write to you this day to express concern. I have heard that the
Barony has had impersonators pretending to be HE Don Armand and HE
Caitrin. I have advised my crew to be on the look out. We did find
someone pretending to be Nomis. We took pity on him and sent him back to
Gleann Ahbann. We questioned him and asked questions that Nomis would
not know the answers to. Since this traveler knew what 2+2 was we let
him go since we all know Nomis' answer would have been "blue". Poor
soul, of all people to impersonate, he chose Nomis.

     Rumor has it that Adolf the Bear will be attempting to cross our
borders some time in the near future. I will do my best to get him
safely across, but he is like a cat when it comes to water. You can tell
when he walks by.

     As of late, the waters of the Barony have been peaceful and quiet,
minus one incident I shall tell of later. The rains have sullied the
moral a bit. I think I will let some of them have a shore pass this
weekend to watch the strategic battle of the Saints of Gleann Ahbann
versus the Colts of Middle Kingdom. They have been working hard on the
ship. And it seems like a good time to let them go ashore and blow off
the steam. However due to the built up aggression and the tempers of my
crew, I think I will let them take their shore leave in Gleann Ahbann.
That way the Barony is free of the destruction that they will
undoubtedly cause.

     Around here has been an interesting time. Two of the demons...errrr
 children had birthdays. Brittany turned 13 on January 22nd and
Christian turned 8 on February 2nd. So things have been "fun".

     The only real news I have to report is of an accident that occurred
a week or two ago that I apparently created. There was a ship using the
river to transport goods to the north. I attacked the ship. But during
the assault, the ship steered away from us and was struck by another
ship headed south. The cargo, lamp oil, leaked out of it's hull and
saturated the river. I made an immediate escape and I don't think anyone
reported me. But I was able to secure a bit of loot.

     I must take my leave at this point. We are having a party for
Christian. More demons running around. YAY!!

Ld Chrestien Brule
Captain of "The Phoenix"
Captain of The Bordermarch Navy (see "Unto The Noble Barony Bordermarch"
in Dec. Trumpeter
King of my lady's heart!