[Bordermarch] 12th Night Gathering

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 19:23:37 PST 2010

Oh what a time you missed if you weren't there this past Saturday at Bordermarches annual 12th Night Gathering.  Fun was had by all and so many new and old friends came by.

Santiago and I want to thank L. Padraigin and L. Libby for hosting this fine event and doing a great job.  It really helped us get some much needed rest from stewarding. The kids seemed to really have fun and have lots of things to take home with them and the rest of the moms and dads seemed to enjoy the time just getting to know each other and all those new faces.  Your Excellency Valencia thank you as well for sending our invites and as always greeting our guests.  It is so wonderful to see your spirit and smiling face for such an event.  You make it shine. Give our best to your young one as he is a worker bee in training and we love him!!

So many of the tables were decorated in their finery. Thank you L. Padraigin for getting high table ready for us.  We knew we could always count on you but you really out-did yourself for us this year.  We are so grateful. And hey did you all see the SKULL table. Wow...the Crystal Skulls are back and looking good...oh sorry Santiago...
Er um and thank you Jeff Courts for my wonderful song on the whistle.  You are so talented and I loved to hear my favorite song in such a wonderful way.  You create such a vision of yesteryear for us all. It meant so much that you not only learned the song but you did it for me. God's Grace to you m'lord.

HE Theresa, HE AmberLea and Countess Tessa.  You three always shine through in all you do. Your talents and the time you took to teach and sing is again humbling to say the least. Thank you doesn't seem like much to say for three such warm and giving people. Vivat.

This years couple for Yule Rule was m'lady Caren and m'lord Thesimire, You made it so much fun. Thanks for playing along we hope you enjoyed it.

A new tradition was started this year by HE AmberLea.  It was the keeper of the frayed knot which was started many years ago by L. Yagi who has since passed.  The person who could tell HE Santiago the best "pun" was the newest keeper of the Celtic frayed knot and will now have to pass this on at each 12th night gathering. This years recipient was none other then Thesimire himself whom I might add had many a pun and kept us very entertained at high table. Perhaps L. Paddywagon has some competition in her future for "jester!"

To the fighters, marshall's, comers and goers who made the day all that it was and should be.  Our hats go off to all of you for you are the reason we play and you are the reason we love this job!!

We wish for you, good tidings and many blessings this coming year.

Santiago & Elisabeth