[Bordermarch] January A&S

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 07:07:28 PST 2010

( Due to several factors, I have no idea how the gardens at the BorderKeep
are; haven't been able to go there.)
In the home garden outside, lots of plants succombed to the several freezing
nights.
The garden kale made it through the freeze. To protect the kale in the front
curved garden area, I insulated kale plants with crunched up -air pokets-
bags; covered with piles of leaves, and turned down large pots over several
plants for several days. When the temps got above 35F, I uncoved daily for a
few hours to exposure to a little bit of daylight then recovered for night
freeze.
In the green house, the lemon tree provided one plump yellow juicy lemon.
Tessa